Thoughts of a Speech-Language Pathologist (looking for a job)
So..I'm officially a Speech-Language Pathologist (S-LP). Official as of November 21, 2008. Some people call us Speech Therapist, others SLPs. I sometimes refer to myself as a Speech Therapist since the name is way too long to get out when you're introducing yourself to people. By the time you're finished, they won't even know what you do. Then, I usually have to explain what my job really is in a concise way, otherwise the other person leaves thinking that SLPs talk a lot and explain about a lot of things. haha..which is true in some sense :) Anyways, so..the hunt is on for a job that I will thrive in. There are lots of 'new' things to figure out. For instance, getting myself licensed to work in Alberta is a top priority. I also have other memberships to fill out and little things here and there to figure out. I'm also planning on buying a car, but that can wait for a bit I think. Plus, it doesn't seem to be the best time to be buying a car, what with the economy going the way it is. Well, other than that my life is pretty relaxing at the moment. I look for a job & do some readings by day. Work out, and make cards & the occasional earring. Pretty relaxing huh? Too bad, I actually need to go out there and earn some money in order to keep up with all my hobbies. I have too many! I think I need to stop. If you've figured out a way to balance it all then I'm all ears. :) Well, off to make some thank-you cards.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home