Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day 2 in HK - a day for errands

Today was essentially a day chock full of errands. Of all the lines that we waited in today; from the imigration card office, to the travel agencies, to the visa office the wait time at the imigration office was the shortest - only 20 minutes! In 20 minutes I was finger printed, had my picture taken and had received my temporary citizen card. In comparison, the visa line took what felt like hours. Okay, so it was probably around 2hours of waiting, but my parents and I were cold (from the a/c) and hungry (we hadn't eaten lunch yet and it was 5pm when we finished). The good thing was,I had been thinking & had brought my passport AND a recent passport-sized photo, since we needed both to fill out a visa application. Finally, we went to eat and had our 'afternoon tea/lunch' at 5:30pm. :) I was way too hungry to even remember to take pictures. When we finished our 'lunch' we were all surprised to see that it was already dark outside. Apparantly it gets dark relatively early in hk (around 6pm) We then headed to finish one last errand before dinner - to drop my laptop off at the computer store.

mm..so, not much else that I did today. I did notice though, that everyone in HK walks at a very fast pace. Even the escalators are faster. I was a bit worried going down the escalators as I still have a slight fear of them. Well, I guess it's time for bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be more about relaxing then errand hopping :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home