Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Touring Hong Kong

So, my laptop is back! Now, I can load pictures up again. Turns out the hardware is fine, but they suspect that the software may have a problem. Perhaps one of my many applications is causing a problem. Regardless, it's back and there is nothing wrong aside from me needing to buy an external hard disk so I can back up my data.

Let me tell you a little about my travels lately. Both yesterday & today my parents and I became tourists as we toured around the outer parts of the city. Yesterday we went to this place called "california" and "sunset place" which are both gated communities outside of the main city. It's actually quite neat as residents here have the benefit of living within a very secured compound and they can have 2 or 3 story houses with a garden and a view of the ocean (some of them). Each community has it's own clubhouse, pool, tennis court, shopping area & eating complex (see set 1).

today (Tuesday) we went to Repulse Bay & Stanley; areas a bit further out from the main city. Repulse Bay has real sand! & a beautiful view of the water. Stanley was just as nice. There was even an area there with a bunch of bars & restaurants. After walking on that street for a bit you almost forget that you're in Hong Kong. For instance, there was an English pub, a French restaurant, a pizza place, and an upscale restaurant. Anyhoo, I should go to sleep now since I'm off to Japan tomorrow! I probably won't have internet so I'll update you all on those travels when I get back.

ooh and that 4th picture below (bottom right)? that's a historic building that they took down piece by piece from somewhere in Hong Kong and then rebuilt piece by piece in Stanley. It is now a tea house I believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home