Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back from Japan

Hello! Back from a five day trip to Japan. mm..what can I say about the trip. Well, for one thing I found it a lot more difficult to communicate with than in other countries I've been in. Thankfully, my Mom still remembers a bit of her Japanese so that helped. Other than that we did a lot of walking and looking at things & taking pictures. I didn't even buy much everytime we stopped at the shopping malls since they were always brand name shops so it was more window shopping than anything. I've got to say though, that this trip we actually went to a few amusement parks like Hello kitty Land and Tokyo Disney Sea which was actually quite a lot of fun. All in all, after a 5 day trip we're all very thankful that everything went smoothly & we all came back to HK. There was a particularly tense & stressful period while in Japan, but all is good now. Praise God. I think it's always a good idea to buy travel & health insurance.

Anyhoo, now that we're back in HK I had the opportunity to do a bit more shopping. I just couldn't buy much in Japan since everything felt pretty $$$. With the Yen increasing daily, shopping in HK felt a lot more appealing.

We also had the opportunity to try some different types of meals this week. We went to a Korean restaurant for lunch on Tues & at the same time celebrated my Mom's birthday. Today, we went for shanghai food & that was delicious! The 'siu long baos' were so good. The wrapping was perfectly done & not too thin so the 'juice' stayed in. :) mm..soo good! Anyhoo, just got home as we traveled to Sha Tin today to visit my dad's brother & his sons (my tong gogos & tong didi). It's been so long since we've seen each other so it was great to catch up again. okay time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home