Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sunny Day in Edmonton

Today, I had a fairly early start to the morning. By 9am, some of the girls from my class and I took the light rail transit (LRT) down to the stadium to learn how to run a concession stand. mm..I must say though, that given the amount of hours & work we'll need to put in, I don't think it's really that worth it, in fact I'm not even sure how much we'll earn for our grad out it. Luckily though, the day I'm working is next Saturday, which just so happens to be the Police Concert! Soo..that should definitely be exciting! :) Well, after the early morning training I got a ride down Whyte Ave. to the library where I picked up some books, a video and a kids book! hehe, not for me of course but for one of the kids I work with. It's actually a great book called "Olivia forms a band", with simple engaging pictures and for reason young kids love it. Anyhoo, after the library I stopped by the Farmer's Market to pick up some dip from a placed called Sea Chicks. Unfortunately, they didn't have the hummus I wanted (Hummus + feta + dill), so I settled on a smoked salmon dip instead. In retrospect, I'm wondering if I should've got the "Seafood Dip (with lobster, crab & shrimp). In fact, all 20 types of dips & hummus were amazing..and I should know since I think I tried every one of them today. :P WEll, after my tasty snack, I walked down Whyte Ave, stopping at some shoe stores. There's a pair of lovely Steve Madden shoes I had my eye on, but the only size left was 6.5, which might fit but I'll just have to wait and see when the size 7 comes in to compare. By the time I was halfway home, I started getting thirsty, so I walked into a 2nd cup ordered a chillatte & got out the salmon dip & bagels I bought and had my lunch.

All in all, a very relaxing Saturday. And, so you can see, how my typical Saturdays are like. I know I end up doing most things on my own, but that's ok too. I don't mind the 'aloneness' and sometimes it's great to just have your lunch in a coffee shop & just read for an hour or so. It's relaxing & a welcome break from the week of clinic & school.

So, with that, I'm going to head off and clean up the kitchen before I head over to a friends place for dinner & a fire. hehe, I can't wait!! roasted marshmallows & s'mores here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home