Monday, April 30, 2007

finally, a chance to relax..

Freedom How does each person define freedom? Is it freedom to do whatever they want? To have all the time in the world? To relax? I guess, my definition of freedom lies somewhere between wanting to do whatever I want, (but in a restrained sort of manner) and just lazing around. That's what books are to me. A gateway to another world. It feels like time stands still as I examine each character crafted with the help of the current author...I am so engrossed I feel as if I'm there. Examining each character's features, their flaws, their strengths. The book I just finished reading is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. An incredibly well written book, genuinely amazing and deals with a rather interesting ethics issue. Fiction it is, but the issues are real. It's a story about Anna who has been essentially created as a bone marrow match for her sister Kate who has leukemia. Each 'chapter' is told from the perspective of one of the characters which makes it a captivating read...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home