Saturday, September 23, 2006

CASLPA Rep & Free Turkey

So..say hello to the University of Alberta's student co-rep for CASLPA! Now, you ask what is CASLPA? CASLPA is the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists. so, me and another classmate represent CASLPA for our class. And..my duties include answering questions that prospective student may have about SLP at the UofA, since my name is actually listed on the CASLPA site . Cool huh? Okay, so I'm not totally clear about my duties yet..but I'll find that out soon once I read over the student binder they gave me. Now..the random thought has occurred to me..does being a CASLPA student rep also mean I have to join CASLPA as a student member? mm..I wonder! anyhoo, this monday I have a teleconference with the rest of the student reps from across Canada. It'll be sort of a meet & greet, but through telephone of course.

random story of the week
Yesterday, my roommate & I decided to do some grocery shopping. and let me tell you, it was one of the most hilarious experiences I've ever had. It sure made for an interesting trip. So, it first started off by us getting a rather rickety shopping cart that couldn't quite turn corners. Evidently, this would be a problem when you start loading up on grocerries and you find you can't even turn the corner without a WIDE turn. So, there we were..my roommate and I, two girls buying enough food for a family of 5! why? we have no idea..but I suppose we were 'stocking up' & our fridge was quite empty. But, the amount of food we bought paid off! We managed to spend enough to score ourselves a free butterball turkey! Except, we didn't know we had this freebie until the cashier told us. So, despite the irritated people behind us..my roomate ran down the ailes to grab us the free turkey. and..to end it all off, as we were navitaging our rickety cart to the car, we got stuck & the strawberries fell off the cart. Unfortunately, some of them tumbled to the ground right into a small mud puddle :( BUT these were awesome strawberries, the sweet smelling ones, and we couldn't bear the loss and had to pick them up!! no worries, we did wash & sanitize them by putting them in a salt water bath. mmhm. those were amazing strawberries!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home