a week in alberta

It's been a week since I left Toronto for Alberta and I feel like I've done so many things! The first day I landed in Edmonton I met my new roomie, showed my parents around the apartment, picked up my keys, got a UofA student card, and had dinner with some family friends. Saturday, my parents and I headed down to Calgary to have dinner with some V&L. Spent the next couple of days with relatives going to the Icefields (which was actually quite cold!) The icefields were pretty cool. You basically found yourself standing on super thick ice with glaciers all around you. Some people even took home some 'glacier water'. Apparantly it may have some extra minerals for some 'healthy drinking'. Also toured around Jasper National Park, and stayed a night in Camden. It's this quaint little town that's great for not only skiing and snowboarding in the winter but it's also where prime real estate with a view of the rocky mountains can be found. Definitely a beautiful place.
And now, once again the days have passed and I moved all my belongings Ikea-bought furniture into my new place. Good thing I tried the key this morning, since the leasing office actually gave me the wrong key! So..it was a good thing my roomate was at home. :) That pretty much sums up everything that has been going on with me here in Alberta. ooh, and tonight I went out for steak and some yummy dessert with good company. All in all, a good first week in Alberta.
Below are some pics of the beautiful rockies. I'll post more pics into my album later.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home