family
I love being at home with family. Listening to my brother go on and on about different issues, my mom telling me to eat more fish, and my dad making little comments here and there. *sigh* although the reason why I was home this past weekend wasn't expected it was good to be there for my family & support my dad, and grandfather.. as they go through this difficult time. We all know how sad it is when a loved one passes away, but somehow for me the reality doesn't always hit until my grandfather started breaking down and crying - all expected of course, but I just couldn't help but cry along. It's been tough, since my grandmother was someone I was close to. She took care of me when I was young, brought me to the preschool, cooked lunch for me, brought me to eat dimsum, and was always there for me throughout my childhood years. I still have my childhood quilt where she sewed my name (just in case I lost it).
Although, I've caught myself being sad lately missing my grandmother, I have so many good memories of her. Her selflessness was in everything she did, and that is something I will remember.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home