Monday, January 23, 2006

post-retreat thoughts

Well, seeing that this weekend marked my very last ACF retreat the thoughts & experiences that I take away from it are anything but mediocore. Going into retreat, I have to be honest that I didn't have many expectations. Just prior to leaving for Retreat though, a friend of mine reminded me that if I truely wanted to see God work in my life , I needed to Seek God First. These words was exactly what I needed to hear. In the end, it boils down to all this head knowledge that I have, but knowing all of these things will be nothing if I don't put my faith into action. I do truely want to seek God first, but at times there are so many other things that just end up bogging me down.

What truely touched me was the fact that so many awesome things are happening among the people at ACF. Even as a small group leader, it may be true that I am the small group leader but in the end I'm only there to facilitate and lead them, as I'm constantly learning from them as well. It's awesome to see how blessed ACF is and how everyone in ACF has a role to play even when they don't think they do. Some in front, some behind the scenes, some forming friendships..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home