struggling to stay sane in the stress of things
Recently, my life feels like it has been consumed with grad school related things.. At the moment, it is the GRE, my graduate record exam, which I'm actually taking tomorrow! Am I ready? I sure hope so. When tomorrow morning rolls around I better be ready and through the strength that God gives me, I will survive (without the need to use too many tissues) and do fairly well, enough to be competitive that is.
I never expected to get sick so close to my exam. All last night I tossed & turned trying to sleep. I even tried sleeping at 10pm, which actually didn't quite help. My body was tired, I was tired from the runny nose..but still my mind wouldn't shut down, wouldn't allow me to get my rest. Thoughts kept running through my head, I was getting so frustrated at such a tiny thing..the ability to sleep. Finally, at around 4am I decided to just read. I picked up a book by Ravi Zacharias, titled Jesus Among Other Gods and the following words spoke to me:::
"I have come that [you] may have life" (John 10:10) and Ravi continues that statement by concluding that "His life spells living. Your life or my life, apart from Him spells death".
How true that is. How can I articulate how grateful I am of where I stand today. I am with Christ..and Christ lives in me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home