Changes
sometimes I wonder to myself why does the world have to change the way it does, why are the
morals of the world slipping away. Why is there so much pain and suffering in life itself. everywhere you look be it in our "safe, safe" homes, the streets, and even the church ...there are hidden problems & difficulties that people are dealing with every single day. Everyone is the target of change. Everyone deals with change differently
I guess in the past couple of weeks being back home and commuting downtown everyday I've been thinking a lot about all these changes that are occurring around me. even in my own family, my cousins are changing and "growing up". I wish they would change for the better, and at times it just seems that it'll take soo long for them to change and go back on the "right path". (in fact, often times you hear testimonials of people drifting off and after x number of years they are back with God..which is great...except the process involves so much trusting in God.)
As I commute daily to work I observe the lives of people going their way...everyone has a story written on their face. At work, change is evidently impacting them as well. Parents come in with their kids, faces written with fear/anxiety but most are happy that they can bring their children to see the speech therapist.
Now, don't me wrong. i'm not suddenly being a pessimist, about how dismal everyone's life is. It's just that ..there is this immense burden for me to want to help all of these people. There is clearly such a great need for there to be more youth workers to help prevent the youth from going astray, for children to grow up in loving homes, and for those on the streets to know the love of God... As my uncle commented this morning, he now knows what it means when the scripture says in Matthew 9:37 that the "harvest is plentiful but the workers are few".


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home