Sunday, October 24, 2004

weekend in T.O

Got in to T.O sat afternoon around 2ish, had lunch with my parents, went to Mitchells to pick up the women's cell book for myself and Vicky, then on to dinner for Ming's birthday. *smilez* It was a great night, except I personally think Alice Fazooli's is pretty expensive. I had a very yummy Penne alla Vodka though! hm..Yummy. I find that I really enjoy having a bit of vodka mixed into my creme sauce. Anyone would look it, it gives that zang to the sauce..Plus its soo good! ming ended up drinking a few shots last night all in celebration of his 21st birthday..hehe, his sister gave him one w/ tequila and tabasco sauce. eekk! spicy!

Although, I must admit I "knew" people at the birthday bash, it turns out we had 2 tables..and I was at the table where I didn't know anyone. That in itself felt a bit odd, but I quickly fixed that by actually introducing myself to Ming's friends (who turned out to be from his high school and the zoo where he worked) So, while sitting there dallying through the surface conversations that we all seem to have when meeting new people...Victor arrived and saved my evening. Not that I don't enjoy talking to new people, but simply put I really don't know them that well so it was kinda hard. You see, in these types of conversations you have to search out that bit of commonality that you and the other person have, and if you don't have anything in common.. you'll end up having a nice little evening of surface talking where one spends all evening talking about the food, servers, atmosphere, events that occur etc...

Nevertheless, it was good to catch up with Victor. I haven't seen this guy for soo long it seems, save my birthday lunch last month. Sometimes, I feel like I'm in this rush to keep up with everything and everyone..and in the end, I find that I haven't even caught up with anyone. Why is it soo difficult to keep in contact with everyone once we hit university? You might think it'll get easier, but apparantly not so. Once you're out of uni, you land upon the job market...where, if by chance you end up in the same province you grew up in, things should be okay..if not, you're off on your own. Making ends meet, and then trying to catch up with people will be even more difficult. Thinking about this, just makes it sound depressing or sad....perhaps its time to talk about something else..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home