A time to be challenged
I used to be scared of being challenged by other Christians, but that was most likely due to my feelings of inadequacies to take up those challenges and face them or perhaps it was me simply not taking the time to think about what to do with those challenges. I'm slowly learning to take those challenges and face them even if they're out of my comfort zone.
Back in easter, one of my pastor's came up to to me and started asking me about how I was doing, but most importantly she wanted to know about my faith and if I was attending at fellowship in toronto. I truthfully told her that back in university I had a fellowship and a great fellowship of believers, but I knew that I was lacking in terms of finding a fellowship of brothers and sisters back home in toronto. I explained to her that I found it difficult to relate to other ppl in Lifestone fellowship due to a vast difference in age, since there isn't really a university fellowship at our church. She understood my view, but asked me to just try out the fellowship since I would be back home for the summer, AND she mentioned that above all despite a difference in age once you start praying for others and getting to know them, the fellowshiping will nuture. Yet, I still struggled with the 'comfort zone' issue and put the issue aside for another month.
then. sunday night bible study came around. What Roger talked about sounded eerily similar to what Pastor Christine talked to me about. Comfort zones, having a fellowship of believers to support you is crucial not only for you but to be able to reach out to others.
So, with that, and thinking about it all week, it just so happened that there was a praise and prayer tonight. All the way to church, I kept wanting to drive back home..not wanting to go, but I knew that I had to get out of my comfort zone & at least try. Thinking back upon it now, I'm glad I went tonight. At some points I did feel out of place, but people were welcoming and not everyone was a stranger. I remember nearing the end of the evening while we were singing Be the Centre I was hit with a sudden case of nostalgia..longing for the comfort of fellowship that I had at western.
But as I looked around the room, at all these people being so in love with God & having this desire to grow more, I knew that I would have been foolish to not come & fellowship with this brothers and sisters. I know I might just continue to have comfort zone problems..but it seems worth it in the end. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home